The Solutions Architect provides technical expertise, problem-solving, analysis, and engineering support for our team. The optimal candidate will utilize technical and analytical skills to proactively identify gaps between project plans, existing software systems and capabilities, requirements and customer expectations.
This role is technical; however, actual system design, coding, and implementation are not part of the responsibilities. This individual will be required to analyze technical requirements, and put a strategy, framework and data flow around IT solutions for the customer.
The Solution Architect should be able to grasp the goal of a project, identify gaps and define a recommended technical architecture taking into consideration existing systems, enterprise expertise and potential off the shelf or custom solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for doing risk and impact assessments as they relates to current platform functionality and future proposed solutions.
The goal of the role is to evaluate the technical decisions regarding the solution and communicate how they impact business and process outcomes.
- Perform technology evaluation and produce architecture proposal for end to end solutions
- Work with business process owners and key stakeholders to understand requirements and use cases
- Resolve questions during design, development, QA and implementation of architecture
- Evaluate systems and tools for use case fit, perform vendor/tool comparisons and present recommendations
- Create capability roadmaps for existing and new platforms
- Advise peers and business owners on fit-for-use and technical complexities
- Conduct architectural evaluation and analysis of enterprise systems
- Select the most appropriate technology for a problem or business need
- Balance architectural concerns of the project with the concerns of the business
- Recommend how the solution will look, what the components and data flow will be, and how they interact with each other
- Plan how solutions will scale for the future and how they will be maintained and supported to protect the user experience
- Analyze the risk in third-party integrations, frameworks and platforms
- Continually evaluate and work directly with customers to analyze their systems and capabilities and identify recommended solutions, gaps and risks
- Remain involved throughout the balance of any project and provide recommended technology solutions as challenges and opportunities for improvement arise
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Must have a working knowledge of object oriented programming
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, Google and Azure
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and process skills
- Ability to explain a complex problem in laymen's terms to different types of audiences
- Understand the business' processes to create a cohesive vision of a usable product
- Has strong commercial acumen and able to develop compelling business cases.
- Strong planning skills with the ability to structure activities, resources and workload in order to achieve the right outcomes.
- Has very strong subject matter expertise and has awareness of the latest innovation and technology trends.