This position is located within the Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC) at the IceBreaker, Buoy and Construction Tender(IBCT) Product Line. The work involves collecting, analyzing, interpreting and developing specialized information about complex equipment and providing such information together with advisory services to those who design, test, produce, procure, supply, operate, repair or dispose of equipment and/or maintenance programs and techniques.
- Applying thorough knowledge of Electronic, Hull, Mechanical and Electrical principles, practices and procedures used in the design, procurement, maintenance, modification and repair of assigned classes of equipment.
- Recommending sources of supplies including procurement, cannibalization, and in-house manufacturers of assigned components and parts.
- Monitoring provisioning requirements and time schedules related to contracts or other procurement actions related to major components of new/extensively modified equipment systems and/or commodity classes.
- Providing technical advisory services related to equipment design, production, operational and maintenance requirements with regard to major components of new/extensively modified equipment systems and/or commodity classes.
- Investigating and analyzing quality control issues related to major components of new or modified systems.
- Monitoring and providing substitutability/interchangeability principles required in attaining orderly attrition of secondary/nonpreferred/ obsolete items from inventory records.