PotmacWave Consulting is currently looking for a Performance Management SME to join our Emergency Communications Team in Arlington, VA! (Ballston, Metro Accessible!)
The Candidate shall have experience designing and implementing performance management programs for the Federal government. The SME must have at least ten (10) years of experience developing performance measures, creating tracking and reporting processes, and collecting and analyzing performance data to inform senior leadership decision- making. The candidate should have an understanding of Public Safety communications systems including emerging technologies, policies and procedures, and governing structures; as well as experience working with at least one federal organization responsible for providing emergency communications support to stakeholders (e.g., OEC, PSCR, FEMA, FirstNet, etc.).
• Design of the performance management program including identifying performance management inputs; gathering internal and external stakeholder feedback; researching external drivers and industry best practices; supporting alignment efforts with other DHS entities and OEC-supported groups; and developing a program framework, milestones, deliverables, and implementation roadmap.
• Develop annual performance metrics aligned to the organizational strategy and national priorities, and informed by internal staff and external stakeholder feedback.
• Assess internal business processes to determine if existing processes support the requirements of the performance management program. Work with Front Office to update existing processes or develop new process to fill any identified gaps.
• Assist Performance Office with program implementation, including managing logistics for all internal and external engagements; gathering stakeholder feedback and external data research; developing strategic messages, data visualizations, graphics, web content, and tools; monitoring Performance Office email to track and distribute inquiries, and providing administrative and project management support to the Performance Management Program Manager.
• Track status of the performance management program implementation in alignment with the roadmap, analyze progress and identify risks, develop reports and briefings to communicate progress to Program Manager and senior leadership.
• Develop and launch data management program to inventory and organize internal and external data sources.
• Design and implement data analytics capability to enable OEC to examine available data in order to draw conclusions and support decision making. Results of analyses should be available to users in text-based and visual representations.