PotomacWave Consulting is currently looking for a Senior Accountant with a current TS/SCI clearance to join our team in Washington, DC for our Federal Government Client! This position is metro accessible!
“PotomacWave” incorporates two core concepts: Potomac, which is the water lifeline of the nation’s capital, and Wave, which is the embodiment of sustained energy. PotomacWave is an organization founded by consultants who wanted to improve the status quo for their clients and work for an organization that rewards creativity and innovation. They brought together a diverse team of top-notch consulting talent who are like-minded in their commitment to excellence.
Senior Accountants have experience with performing Federal and commercial generally accepted accounting and understand how data can be captured and analyzed in various environments.
· Prepare journal vouchers in the accounting system at the general ledger level
· Preform end of month/quarter/annual year end closing process
· Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
· Prepare, process or generate standardized reports by Allotment and Appropriation,
· Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to financial guidelines
· Reconcile ledger accounts (manual and automated)
· Conduct routine analysis of account balances to ensure account balances are accurate
· Identify abnormal balances
· Conduct analysis and research of variances and anomalies
· Update financial data in databases to ensure that information is accurate and immediately available
· Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
· Assist with other accounting projects
· Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Bachelor or Master's degree
9+ years relevant and/or similar experience in Business or Accounting.
All candidates must possess a Top Secret (TS) clearance granted within the past five years; no breaks in service greater than 24 months, and the ability to be granted eligibility for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) by a U.S. Government Adjudication authority. In addition, a CI Polygraph is required.
CGFM, CDFM, CPA
Extensive federal accounting experience within intelligence community agencies
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity