PotomacWave Consulting is currently looking for a Mid Level Accountant and a current TS/SCI clearance to join our team in Washington , DC for our Federal Government Client! This position is metro accessible!
“PotomacWave” incorporates two core concepts: Potomac, which is the water lifeline of the nation’s capital, and Wave, which is the embodiment of sustained energy. PotomacWave is an organization founded by consultants who wanted to improve the status quo for their clients and work for an organization that rewards creativity and innovation. They brought together a diverse team of top-notch consulting talent who are like-minded in their commitment to excellence.
MID Level Accountants have experience with performing Federal and commercial generally accepted accounting and understand how data can be captured and analyzed in various environments.
· Review and balance incoming disbursement files form Federal/DoD sources
· Validate amounts and obligations to ensure funds availability per supporting documentation
· Collaborate with resource managers to obtain/resolve any funding discrepancies
· Track, assign, distribute, and process transactions
· Research, track and clear mismatched transactions to DFAS
· Match disbursements to proper accounting lines, verify funds availability and record electronic entry
· Upload supporting documentation
· Prepare documents to correct/adjust accounting entries
· Assist with other accounting projects
· Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Bachelor or Master's degree
4+ years relevant and/or similar experience in Business or Accounting.
All candidates must possess a Top Secret (TS) clearance granted within the past five years; no breaks in service greater than 24 months, and the ability to be granted eligibility for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) by a U.S. Government Adjudication authority. In addition, a CI Polygraph is required.
CGFM, CDFM, CPA
Extensive federal accounting experience within intelligence community agencies
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity